Representation of hospitals and doctors has been part of our practice since the firm was formed in 1992. We have served as general counsel and local counsel to physicians, physician groups, management services organizations, general hospitals, specialty hospitals, long term care facilities, and clinics. Our experience with specialty hospitals has primarily been with psychiatric hospitals and substance abuse treatment units and facilities.
Our experience in health care facility representation has included:
- Purchase of land and rezoning for facility development and expansion;
- Construction contracting and oversight;
- Structuring of ownership, administration, operation and leasing;
- Administrative proceedings, including license revocation and administrative penalty appeals;
- Billing and coding;
- Insurance and collections;
- Contracting staff and physicians;
- Employee contracts;
- Policies and procedures in employment, nursing, and other areas;
- Employee discrimination cases;
- Employee injury cases;
- Patient lawsuits;
- Competitive conflicts with competing facilities;
- Research; and
- Negotiation and sale of facilities.
We have also been privileged to represent many physicians and physician groups. That representation has given us experience in nearly every area and aspect of a physician’s practice. Some examples of those areas are:
- Licensing, including defending actions by the Texas Medical Board to limit or revoke licenses;
- Hospital privileges, including representation of hospitals and defense of physicians in actions to terminate privileges;
- Contracting with insurers and provider organizations;
- Defense of malpractice lawsuits;
- Practice group organization and structure;
- Patient records;
- Billing and coding; and
- Insurance disputes.
In addition to hospitals, specialty hospitals, facilities, physicians, and physician groups we can represent any health care providers and suppliers*, including:
- Home Health Companies;
- Hospice Companies;
- Surgical Centers;
- Pharmacies (Retail, Mail Order, Compounding, Specialty);
- Dialysis Clinics;
- Diagnostic Laboratories;
- EMT Providers;
- DMEPOS Manufacturers and Suppliers;
- Mental Health Providers (LCSW, LMFT, LCDC, LPC);
- Speech Pathologists;
- Occupational Therapists;
- Physical Therapists; and
- Dentists and Orthodontists.
*Please contact our office at 817-338-4500 if you do not see your specific provider type to inquire about services.