Rick K. Disney
Location:100 Energy Way, Suite 2000, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Probate and Estate Administration
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of International Trade
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States Tax Court
- State Bar of Texas
- Woodhaven Community Development, Inc. – Board of Directors
- Woodhaven Neighborhood Association – Board of Directors
- Texas Christian University, 1970-1972
- University of Texas at Austin, 1972-1974, B.A. with high honors
- University of Texas Law School, 1974-1977, J.D. with honors
Year Began Practicing Law
- Law Clerk to U.S. District Judge Eldon Mahon 1977-1979
- Department of Justice, Tax Division 1979-1984
Honors & Affiliations
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1995 to present)
- Master in the Mahon Inn of Court
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Allstate Ins. Co. v. Receivable Finance Co., et al., 501 F3d 398 (5th Cir. 2007).
- U.S. v. Retirement Services Group, 302 F3d 425 (5th Cir. 2002).
- Kral, Inc. v. Southwestern Life Ins. Co., 999 F.2d 101 (5th Cir. 1993).
- Marriott Bros. v. Gage, 911 F.2d 1105 (5th Cir. 1990).
- U.S. v. Wagner, 940 F.Supp. 972 (N.D. Tex. 1996).
- U.S. v. Wagner, 930 F.Supp. 1148 (N.D. Tex. 1996).
- Meridian Sav. Ass’n v. Sadler, 759 F.Supp. 336 (N.D. Tex. 1990).
- Sadler v. U.S., 694 F.Supp. 224 (E.D. Tex. 1988).
- Texaco, Inc. v. U.S., 598 F.Supp. 1165 (S.D. Tex. 1984).
- Campbell v. U.S., 581 F.Supp. 1274 (N.D. Tex. 1984).
- Ortega v. First Republic Bank Fort Worth, N.A., 792 S.W.2d 452 (Tex. 1990).
- Estate of Sloan, 496 S.W.2d 299 (Tex. App. – Fort Worth 2016, pet. den’d)
- Comunidad Fondren Court, LLC v. Fannie Mae, 2011 Tex. App. LEXIS 3240 (Tex.App.-Houston [1st Dist.] 2011, no pet.)
- Huntley v. Enon Limited Partnership, 197 S.W.3d 844 (Tex.App.-Fort Worth 2007, no pet.)
- In re Scott, 100 S.W.3d 575 (Tex. App.-Fort Worth 2003).
- Elbaor v. Sanderson, 817 S.W.2d 826 (Tex. App.- Fort Worth 1991).