Cody J. Acosta
Location:650 Poydras Street, Suite 1950, New Orleans, LA 70130
Cody started practicing law in February 2017 after a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Hugh F. Larose of the 17th Judicial District Court for the State of Louisiana. During law school, he also had the opportunity to clerk for the Honorable John L. Weimer of the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- State Bar of Louisiana (2016)
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Louisiana (2017)
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit (2017)
- Magee v. Reed, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 93827 (E.D. La. May 29, 2020).
- Baqer v. St. Tammany Parish Gov’t, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 63754 (E.D. La. April 11, 2020).
- Trask v. St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 42934 (E.D. La. March 12, 2020).
- Clark v. Thibodaux City, 787 Fed. Appx. 198 (5th Cir. 2019).
- Lewis v. Smith, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 129848 (E.D. La. August 2, 2019).
- B.A., English, Loyola University New Orleans, Cum Laude, 2013
- J.D., cum laude, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 2016; Loyola University New Orleans Journal of Public Interest Law, Managing Editor
Year Began Practicing Law
Honors & Affiliations
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel