Larry E. Cotten
Location:100 Energy Way, Suite 2000, Fort Worth, TX 76102
817-288-7140 (Direct Line)
Larry Cotten’s practice is that of a trial lawyer. He has tried over 150 cases, the vast majority successfully to verdict. Larry “cut his teeth” trying insurance defense and worker’s compensation cases. He is proud to have E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, AT&T, General Electric, Bell Helicopter, Cogne Specialty Steel USA, Inc., Custom Alloy, The Chemours Company, Techtronics Industries North America, Texas Health Resources, Inc., The Electric Insurance Company, The Rolling Stones, Best Western International, Inc., Niche’ Pharmaceuticals, Owen Oil Tools, Inc. Harris Methodist Hospitals, Inc., Monsanto, Conoco, Inc., Safety-Kleen Corp., The Kingdom of Jordan, Armour Pharmaceutical, Campbell Health System, GE Medical Systems, Carlson Restaurants Worldwide, Inc., Sanofi-aventis, Henny Penny Corporation, Yum Brands, Inc, Pepsico, Inc., TIN Inc., Amadeus IT Group SA, Dresser, Inc., Aquafine Corp., Phusion Projects, LLC, Emerson Electric Company, Sensor Geophysical Ltd., Venture Measurement Company, Brenntag North American and Nike as present or former clients.
Often Larry’s work has taken him outside of Texas trying and working on cases in Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, Delaware, California, South Dakota, Virginia, and Oklahoma.
The practice has mainly concentrated on defending entities in negligence and products liability matters including toxic torts. Larry has been recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer on eleven occasions and most recently in 2018. One of his proudest achievements occurred in the case of EI Du Pont De Nemours & Co. v. Robinson, 923 S.W.2d 549 (Tex. 1996). It was Larry’s motion challenging the admissibility of the plaintiff’s expert that brought Daubert to Texas state court.
Mass Torts and Toxic Tort Litigation
Personal Injury Defense
Premises and Products Liability
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court (all Districts in Texas)
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Served in the United States Air Force from 1969 through 1972 as an airborne combat crew member in Southeast Asia
- Graduated from the Defense Language Institute West Coast, Presidio of Monterey, California as a Chinese linguist (Mandarin)
- B.A., Economics, University of Texas – Austin, 1976
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1979
Year Began Practicing Law
Honors & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Top Civil Defense Lawyer; Fort Worth Magazine – 2015, 2017
- Top Personal Injury Defense Lawyer; Fort Worth Magazine – 2013, 2016