FORECLOSURE CONSEQUENCES: HOW BARE ARE YOU? CONSIDER HIRING FORECLOSURE PROFESSIONALS IN FORT WORTH
It is essential to understand that foreclosures can have severe repercussions. Losing your home and having to pay a deficiency judgment can also negatively affect your credit score. An attorney who specializes in foreclosure law may be able to assist people behind on their mortgage payments.
In a foreclosure, whether you fight it in court, negotiate a mortgage modification, or avoid foreclosure by short selling or deeding your house, an experienced lawyer understands your rights. Fortworth foreclosure lawyers inform clients about various ways to prevent foreclosure and whether mediation is available to homeowners in their state, in addition to explaining the laws governing foreclosures in their form. It is essential to have an agent you can trust who can represent you throughout the foreclosure process.
Are you looking for an attorney?
Using our simple search tool, you can customize your results at Cotten Schmidt by geographic location and practice area. A person can also search for attorneys based on their names. On an attorney’s profile, they prominently display their contact information, highlight their areas of expertise, and disclose client and peer ratings.
Ready to speak with an attorney?
Make sure you speak directly with the attorney who will be handling your case -preferably in person – to make sure your issue is dealt with appropriately. If you have questions and documents relevant to the topic, you could bring them to the discussion. A sound decision does not necessarily happen upon consulting the first lawyer, and you need to be sure that you choose one that you can trust before anything else.
Asking a lawyer the right questions
Consider what questions you’ll want to ask your lawyer as you gather your thoughts and documents. Include questions such as these on your list:
- A lawyer’s experience with foreclosure litigation
- What defenses do you have against foreclosure
- Whether specific Fortworth foreclosure lawyers alternatives may be available to you, like loan modifications, short sales, or deeds instead of foreclosure
- You should ask your attorney what course of action he recommends, such as resolving the foreclosure in court, seeking alternatives to foreclosure, or filing for bankruptcy.
- In addition to handling the foreclosure case in court, does the attorney represent you when you negotiate an alternative to foreclosure?
- What the potential consequences of a deficiency judgment would be, and
- Find out how long it will take for your case to go through foreclosure.
Cotten Schmidt opened its Fort Worth office by assembling a team of legal professionals to handle both litigation and transactional needs. There is no change in the situation. Several multinational manufacturers, medical practices, and other businesses and individuals, including individuals on estate planning and family law issues, retain our firm for high-stakes litigation. No matter how big or how complicated a client’s case is, we always provide the best results for them.