Andrew D. Lewis
Location:100 Energy Way, Suite 2000, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Mr. Lewis began his career with Cotten Schmidt, L.L.P. as a law clerk while he attended Texas A&M School of Law. During that time, Mr. Lewis served on the school’s Law Review, worked as a research assistant for Dean Stephen Alton, served as a tutor for 1L students, and had his legal article on groundwater rights published in the Law Review’s Fall 2014 volume. After graduating second in his class in 2014, Mr. Lewis joined Cotten Schmidt, L.L.P. as an attorney, where he gained experience in a variety of areas, including commercial litigation and business transactions as well as estate planning and probate matters. Today, Mr. Lewis focuses his practice on estate planning, probate and estate administration, and business formation and transactions.
Probate and Estate Administration
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, 2015
- B.A., English, University of Texas at Austin, 2001
- J.D., Texas A&M School of Law, magna cum laude, 2014
Year Began Practicing Law
Honors & Affiliations
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Texas A&M Law Review
- Phi Delta Phi
Featured Articles, Publications & Presentations
- The Ever-Protruding Stick in the Bundle: The Accommodation of Groundwater Rights in Texas Oil and Gas, 2 Tex. A&M L. Rev. 79 (2014).
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Premises and Products Liability in Texas”; TAPS Annual Conference, October 2015.