Sarah P. Reid
Location:650 Poydras Street, Suite 1950, New Orleans, LA 70130
Insurance Defense, Coverage, Subrogation and Casualty
Mass Torts and Toxic Tort Litigation
Premises and Products Liability
- State Bar of Louisiana
- United States District Court – Eastern, Middle, & Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Greater New Orleans Zeta Tau Alpha Alumnae Chapter – VP II Membership, President (Past), VP I Programming (Past), and Treasurer (Past)
- B.A., History, B.A., French, summa cum laude, Louisiana State University, 2007
- J.D., G.D.C.L. Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, magna cum laude, 2010; Order of the Coif; Louisiana Law Review, Managing Editor
Year Practicing Law
Honors & Affiliations
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Younger Lawyers Division
- 2018 and 2019 Louisiana Rising Star
- Part of litigation team defending DuPont against premises liability claims for alleged asbestos exposure.
- Successfully defended local municipality in Section 1983 action before United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Secured removal of action from state court to Middle District of Louisiana on grounds of improper joinder of party.
- Part of litigation team defending product manufacturer against negligence, strict liability, and LPLA claims for alleged benzene exposure.
- Hall v. Peck, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 26097 (E.D. La. 1/12/17).
- Wallace v. City of Slidell, 671 Fed. Appx. 354 (5 Cir. 12/19/16); 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 41352 (E.D. La. 3/29/16).
- Norman v. H&E. Equip. Servs., 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 34928 (M.D. La. 3/20/15).
- Moore v. BASF Corp., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 148502 (E.D. La. 10/16/12); 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 170411 (E.D. La. 11/30/12); 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 171816 (E.D. La. 12/4/12).
Featured Articles, Publications & Presentations
- Author, “District of Columbia v. Heller: The Second Amendment Shoots One Down,” 70 La. L. Rev. 1061 (2010).
- “Handling Expert Witnesses in Discovery.” Chapter 13 of A Young Lawyer’s Guide to Defense Practice, The DRI Defense Library Series, 2015.
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, Guest Lecturer, Toxic Torts Class, 2015 and 2017.