It is essential to understand that foreclosures can have severe repercussions. Losing your home and having to pay a deficiency judgment can also negatively affect your credit score. An attorney who specializes in foreclosure law may be able to assist people behind on their mortgage payments.
In a foreclosure, whether you fight it in court, negotiate a mortgage modification, or avoid foreclosure by short selling or deeding your house, an experienced lawyer understands your rights. Fortworth foreclosure lawyers inform clients about various ways to prevent foreclosure and whether mediation is available to homeowners in their state, in addition to explaining the laws governing foreclosures in their form. It is essential to have an agent you can trust who can represent you throughout the foreclosure process.
Are you looking for an attorney?
Using our simple search tool, you can customize your results at Cotten Schmidt by geographic location and practice area. A person can also search for attorneys based on their names. On an attorney’s profile, they prominently display their contact information, highlight their areas of expertise, and disclose client and peer ratings.
Ready to speak with an attorney?
Make sure you speak directly with the attorney who will be handling your case -preferably in person – to make sure your issue is dealt with appropriately. If you have questions and documents relevant to the topic, you could bring them to the discussion. A sound decision does not necessarily happen upon consulting the first lawyer, and you need to be sure that you choose one that you can trust before anything else.
Asking a lawyer the right questions
Consider what questions you’ll want to ask your lawyer as you gather your thoughts and documents. Include questions such as these on your list:
- A lawyer’s experience with foreclosure litigation
- What defenses do you have against foreclosure
- Whether specific Fortworth foreclosure lawyers alternatives may be available to you, like loan modifications, short sales, or deeds instead of foreclosure
- You should ask your attorney what course of action he recommends, such as resolving the foreclosure in court, seeking alternatives to foreclosure, or filing for bankruptcy.
- In addition to handling the foreclosure case in court, does the attorney represent you when you negotiate an alternative to foreclosure?
- What the potential consequences of a deficiency judgment would be, and
- Find out how long it will take for your case to go through foreclosure.
Cotten Schmidt opened its Fort Worth office by assembling a team of legal professionals to handle both litigation and transactional needs. There is no change in the situation. Several multinational manufacturers, medical practices, and other businesses and individuals, including individuals on estate planning and family law issues, retain our firm for high-stakes litigation. No matter how big or how complicated a client’s case is, we always provide the best results for them.Read More
Transportation laws comprise all travel and transport-related matters either by air, road, or water. There are a particular set of rules and regulations supported by the court that you need to follow. It might get difficult to handle such complicated and intricate laws all by yourself. Therefore, hiring a transportation litigation attorney can ensure help in all legal matters.
Here is the list of reasons for you to hire a transportation litigation attorney:
- In case of an accident, you might not receive the compensation you deserve: When an accident occurs, Insurance companies often gather information, legal reports, and all the happenings of accidents and offer compensation they find appropriate to the parties. If you accept, you will lose the chance of filing a lawsuit. It’s better to Contact your litigation attorney before you make any decision. A transportation litigating attorney can help you in such cases.
- Represent commercial transportation accidents: As much you want to avoid, accidents happen. Even if your employee is excellent with driving skills, there are chances he might get into accidents, even if it’s due to someone else’s mistakes. An experienced Transportation litigation attorney can represent your case in courts if your driver gets into an accident.
- Understand federal laws: Federal laws are highly intensive and require specialized knowledge. To avoid any legal issues, later on, it’s vital to comprehend federal rules and regulations. Transportation litigating attorney will help you understand these laws and guide you with rules and regulations that you need to follow.
- Agreements and contracts for commercial Transportation: Commercial Transportation of goods and services requires many legal formalities to be fulfilled every now and then. Even the slightest of mistakes can sometimes cause a huge issue. A transportation litigating attorney can help you resolve your issue by covering your requirements and needs of agreements, contracts, and other legal documents needed for a commercial vehicle.
- Legal services for independent truck drivers: Litigation attorney plays a significant role for independent truck drivers. Independent drivers have to manage everything themselves; handling legal rules and regulations are out of their hands. A Transportation litigating attorney covers all the transportation litigation requirements.
Public transportation cases: Public transportation laws are different from commercial vehicle rules and regulations. Hiring a Transportation litigation attorney can help you cover all aspects of public transportation laws. They will ensure your requirements, deadlines, and all other essential elements for your company.Read More